Application Deadline: February 20th 2016
9th-20th March 2016, Kribi, Cameroon
“Partnerships for Peace, Dignity for All” – United Nations 2015
- Can there be personal success or community development when there is an absence of peace?
- Is your organization advocating or contributing to peacebuilding in Africa?
- Are you looking for the key to self-development to help you and your team increase your work efficiency?
After a successful partners’ retreat in Uruguay, World Peace Initiative once again offers you the opportunity to advocate and partner for sustainable peace. In awareness of the special need to develop young peace activists and synergize organizations who can respond to the needs of the African continent; World Peace Initiative will host, for the first time in Cameroon, an exclusive two-day Partners’ Summit for organizations, companies, universities, national and international institutions in Africa, interested in building a culture of peace as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility.
This conference will open the “five day” Central and West African Peace fellowship that will be organised on the theme “Partnerships for Peace, Dignity for All”.
Prior to the conference, participants will engage in a 7-Day online Life Enrichment Program, on our interactive platform, to learn more about the vision of World Peace Initiative and set a pace for discussions. The program will provide the basic theory and practice necessary to develop inner peace and learn about the “PIPO” (Peace In, Peace Out) concept – INNER PEACE + OUTER PEACE = SUSTAINABLE WORLD PEACE.
The conference offers a two-day intensive sharing and training program, providing participants with deeper insight into the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace, and aims to enhance their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. In addition, partners will discuss other approaches to peace-building as seen in the program below:
1. Round table discussions
Questions and Contributions broadcasted in a Live TV
- Meditation and Inner Peace
- Coping in the midst of Terrorism
- Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- Peace -keeping and Security
2. Compiling a peace proposal document
3. Signing agreements
to show long-term commitment to peace partnership with the World Peace Initiative project.
Partners will showcase their work (not necessarily relating to peace), to other partners and outstanding young leaders from Central and West Africa who have gone through an online training and selection process. The work can be in the form of music, writing, design, or any other project they want to draw attention to.
This is an opportunity to create sustainable relationships with the individuals and organizations present. After exhibiting personal projects, partners will each demonstrate how we can synergize towards a common goal for peace in Africa. Dedicated partners will be selected to dialogue with us as we move towards the Africa Peace Agent’s Summit 2016 in Kenya.
The conference in Cameroon includes:
- Partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free exhibition slot
Every organization is welcome to participate in the conference, but to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, participants must have partnered with us satisfactorily.
- Organizations, companies, universities or institutions can come from any country within Central and West Africa.
- Organizations should have previously partnered with us at the time of submitting the application in order to be eligible to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates representing an organization need to have completed 7 days of our online Life Enrichment program by February 28th . Note that in order to submit the application form, representatives do not need to have completed the online program.
- Representatives should have good proficiency in either written or spoken English or French language.
- Representatives should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Organizations should be working on or supporting peace as part of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Representatives should send a recommendation letter from their organizations. More than one person can represent an organization.
- The deadline for submission of application form is January 31, 2016.
Sierra Leone, Liberia , Guinea, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
After submission of application forms and completion of the 7-day online Life Enrichment program, World Peace Initiative selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your assessment, available funds as well as group combination at the summit. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you.
Should you need more information about the summit, please contact: Molinge Henry,
Conference Manager at [email protected]
- All participating organizations from the host country (Cameroon) are expected to carter for their local transportation and no refund or stipend will be given at the retreat.
For More Information: