Application Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017.
As a way of celebrating the International Women’s Day 2017, Google is hosting the Lagos edition of the Women Techmakers Global Event Series, on the 8th of April, 2017.
In different regions, the focus of celebrations ranges from general respect and appreciation toward women to a celebration of women’s economic, political, and social achievements.
The Women Techmaker, an initiative that started in 2012 as a once-per-year event by the then VP of Google[x], Megan Smith and now headed by Head of Global Programs, Natalie Villalobos, aims to showcase the work and passions of women in the technology industry by providing a platform to celebrate their talents and spotlight role models. For about three years the Women Techmaker has convened 200 global events in 52 countries to encourage the visibility, involvement and resources for women in technology in honor of the International Women’s Day.
The Lagos event will feature panel discussions with female technology leaders, networking opportunities and more. Interested participants are expected to register for the event.
Women Techmakers Global Event Series in Lagos.
- This will be a day-long summit hosted at Google Lagos, geared towards increasing visibility, community and resources for women in technology.
- The event will feature panel discussions with female technology leaders, networking opportunities and more.
- And, in true Google fashion, there will be plenty of food and excitement. Please note, all content will be in English.
- Please complete this application to attend one of the summits by Friday, March 17, 2017. This form will close at midnight WAT.
- Google will be notifying applicants by March 24th.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired location in the subject and someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
For More Information: