Application Deadline: February 18th 2015
Dates: March 10th, 11th and 12th, 2015
Venue: Lagos, Nairobi & Accra – details to be communicated with selected attendees
Time: 9am – 5.30pm daily
The Digital Business Management program (DBM) is a program developed to bring small and medium businesses (SMBs) online in a lasting way. The program will leverage Google’s third party model to grow the digital agency ecosystem in Africa to support businesses in their online journey.
The program is designed for graduates of tertiary institutions. Upon completion of the training program, participants will receive a certificate of completion and they will have gained skills to be effective in a digital management role. Additionally they will gain the necessary skills needed to setup and run a digital agency of their own focused on offering Google products to small businesses.
Participants meeting set criteria will be provided with ongoing support post completion.
The DBM program will:
- enable you build a successful business using a proven model
- help develop a new breed of managers for the digital age to help local businesses realise their growth potential
- provide an opportunity for Africans to tap into a large and growing online market
- bring more businesses online
- The role of the Internet in business
- How to develop the right digital presence
- Optimising your customer’s digital footprint
- Steps to setup and run a digital business
- Training on Google products – Youtube, Google Apps, Google My Business, Adwords etc
The 22 hour training program (over 3 days) will be led by topical experts to provide a robust set of tools that will prepare a digital business manager to start his/her own agency, join an existing agency, or a large organisation in a digital management role.
To qualify for the program, applicants must:
- have obtained a diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- successfully complete a program entry test
- be at least 18 years of age
- submit a CV showing business experience
- be familiar with the following
- word processing and spreadsheet applications
- presentation tools
- internet technology
- social media tools
What are the benefits of the Digital Business Management program?
Successful participants of the DBM program will acquire the following skills:
- Ability to build and manage a digital business independently or with staff
- Ability to assess SMBs’ digital needs and proffer appropriate solutions
- Google business products expertise
- Ability to effectively pitch online products to SMBs
Resources required by candidates:
Due to the practical nature of the program, candidates will be required to have an internet enabled laptop, which they will bring to all classes.
DBM program certificates will be issued to successful program participants. To receive the certificate, participants must:
- attend the training in full and complete all course requirements
- achieve minimum grade or higher in all tests and evaluations
- satisfactorily complete an assigned final project, including presentations
- complete all program payment (if applicable)
Individuals that obtain the DBM program certificate will become eligible for ongoing support of their digital business by Google. Support provided may include:
- Internet access
- Marketing support
- Business advisory and mentorship
- Ongoing education and access to free training material