Application Deadline: 10 January 2021
Through our partnership with the Dubai Cares, we will use our established youth-led research approach to work with a group of 10 youth researchers from Asia, Africa, Carribeans, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia to gain insights on youth education, skills and the future of work. Because this research comes in the middle of the COVID pandemic, we want to ensure that we acknowledge this in the research design.
So, we will also be capturing insights on: the involvement of young people in local and national responses; what can be done to ‘build forward’ after the pandemic; and the role for youth leadership and participation in doing so. We are looking for youth-researchers with a passion for youth activism, community engagement, and youth participation, especially in the areas of education and work.
Through the research process, you will have the possibility of connecting with a group of other diverse young people from all over the world and share your lived experiences. Ultimately, the research will inform key conversations at the RewirED
Summit led by Dubai Cares. The key findings will be processed into communication products to be shared at the RewirED Summit sparking conversations by governments, UN agencies, private sector and civil society to put youth at the heart of rewiring policies on education and the future of work and recovery from Covid-19.
In the process, you will experience the values and principles of participatory research.
You would be a good fit for this role if you:
● Are between 18-30 years old;
● Are from the Asia, Africa, Carribeans, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia;
● Are equally comfortable communicating in English and in a major language in your home country;
● Are active within civil society spaces – youth activism, community engagement, social movements, etc., particularly digital activism – and/or have demonstrated leadership in your community; and
● Are comfortable working remotely and can access stable internet connection.
What You Will Do:
Under this engagement, you will:
● Input into the research design and tools drafted by Restless Development;
● Collect data using both quantitative and qualitative methods, according to team targets set with Restless Development;
● Participate actively in a training and data analysis workshop with other co-researchers;
● Create a short video to share your reflections and key findings; and
● Review and feedback on the final report; and
● Promote the video and findings among those in your networks.
In order to deliver this piece of work, we expect you to be available for three and a half days each week throughout the entire project period ( January -April 2021).
As this role is not salaried researchers will instead receive an honorarium to cover basic expenses to recognise the time commitments and expertise they are inputting in the global youth consultations.
For more information or if you have any questions contact [email protected]
For More Information: