Application Deadline: June 23rd 2016
The SAG-SEED Starter Ideas Competition invites entries from teams who develop green and inclusive business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges in Ghana. The winning teams will receive support on turning their idea into reality during the SAG-SEED Starter Months 2016.
- What is your business idea to produce goods or provide services for the manufacturing sector while ensuring energy and water efficiency as well as employment opportunities?
- What is your business idea to promote tourism benefitting local communities and ecosystems?
- What is your business idea to promote waste management for solid or organic waste lifting waste pickers out of informality and reducing pressure on landfills?
- Apply until 23 June Gather your team and come up with your idea through first interviews and team discussions.
- Workshop 1: 14- 16 July
- In a workshop with all winning teams, develop your idea further, looking at all key aspects of an enterprise.
- Time for guided testing
- Take your idea to potential customers and partners to get their feedback and explore your market.
- Workshop 2: 5-6 August
- In a second workshop, use your results from testing to refine your business model and work on your finances.
- Going public Start marketing and fundraising with a crowdfunding campaign and win further capacity building.
- Participation in the SEED Starter Months is free of charge!
- Participants have to cover their own transport and accommodation costs.
- The workshops will take place in Accra.
How to Apply:
- Teams with 2-5 team members and an idea for addressing one of the three challenges above can apply. We particularly welcome applications from women and youth.
- Please send the completed application form to [email protected] by 23 June 2016.
- An internal team will evaluate all applications and inform you about the outcome.
- You can access the application form here: www.seed.uno/support/starter. In case of questions please write us at [email protected] or call us at +49 30 890006899.
For More Information: