Application Deadline: June 30th 2020
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory, which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programmes, is now recruiting
bright and enthusiastic Engineering and Science-Honours graduates for its internship programme.
Eligibility for a SARAO Internship South African citizens and permanent residents, who are:
• In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering
• In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency Engineering
• In final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical / Electromechanical/ Mechatronics Engineering
• Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Computer Science, Astronomy / Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, or in Physics, with exceptional programming skills and an interest in software development. Programming skills must be clearly demonstrated in the candidate’s application.
Please take note that:
- Short-listed candidates will be assessed through an online assessment, in August 2020. This assessment forms part of the selection/interview process. Dates for the assessment will be communicated to short-listed candidates, and are nonnegotiable.
- Successful graduate interns will be based in Cape Town, for a period of 3 years, starting in approximately January 2021.
- Successful graduate interns may be required to complete a Masters degree (part-time) during their 3-year internship.
How to Apply:
To Apply – Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF document:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your South African ID document
- Certified copies of all your university transcripts to date
- A letter of motivation (max. 300 words) stating why you should be selected for an internship
EMAIL TO [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: 30 June 2020
For More Information: