Application Deadline 31st July 2015
The Intra-ACP academic mobility Scheme supports higher education cooperation between countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the pacific (ACP). The scheme aims to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in the ACP countries.
The program builds on the African Union’s Mwalimu Nyerere programe for Africa with funding from the European Commission. Sharing Capacity to Build Capacity for Quality Graduate Training in Agricuture in African Universities (SHARE) in one of the Intra-ACP Mobility Scheme supported projects with the 12 partner universities in Eastern, Central, Southern and Western Africa .
Applications are Invited for SHARE mobility Scholarships. SHARE is designed to provide resources and opportunities for students and staff mobility from regions of Africa offering support for Masters, Doctoral studies and as well as staff exchange among the consortium partners.
The scholarship is open to students from institutions mentioned below:
• Stellenbosch University, South Africa
• University of Cape Coast. Ghana
• University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
• Lilongwe University of Agriculture and natural Resources (LUANAR), Malawi
• Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya
• Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
• Makerere University, Uganda
• University of Zambia, Zambia
To be eligible, Doctoral candidates referred as « students » must:
1.Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries mentioned above.
2.Be registered/admitted at one of the HEIs within the partnership at the time of the application for a scholarship (Ta r g e t G r o u p 1 ), specifically the ones mentioned above
3. Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
4. Partial scholarships are for short mobilities (i.e. mobilities shorter than program duration). The intended undertaking during short mobilities must be recognized as an integral part of the student academic program. For this category the applicant must provide proof of enrolment into a PhD program in an ACP country.
- The scholarship covers: subsistence allowance: 900EUR per month, settling in allowance: 900 EUR, Medical insurance: 75EUR per month and travel expenses: return air ticket and visa costs. For details, please refer to the brochure on the project website.
How to Apply for the SHARE Scholarships
The following steps will guide you through the application process for the SHARE Scholarship.
Part 1 : Before submitting an application:
1. Check for eligibility by reading the call guidelines on this website
2. Choose and select the academic programme for which you wish to apply for a scholarship and ensure that you understand the Tuition Language in which the programme of your choice is instructed
3. Ensure that you have an academic background required by the academic programme you have selected
4. You can neither apply to more than one academic programme nor Hosting institution
5. Several documents are mandatory, if not uploaded or attached the form cannot be submitted or your application will not be accepted
6. In circumstances where documents are corrupted, unclear or unreadable, the application will be considered invalid and will not be evaluated
7. Only applications submitted online or by email will be accepted. Exceptions may apply based on country realities.
Part 2 : Online Submission
To complete the online application form (See: Guidelines for Applicants) on the project website. Follow the steps therein and remember to attach all the required supporting documents.
Part 3: Submission by E mail
1. Download the MS Word version of the application form, Word process it using a computer. No hand written applications will be accepted
2. Obtain recommendations from your home/sending institution in your country.
3. Scan all the required documents including certified academic testimonials and evidence of your nationality (data page of your passport or national identity card) for electronic submission. Only documents submitted electronically will be considered.
4. Attach all the required supporting documents
5. Submit your completed application form and other requirements as attachments by email to: [email protected].
The deadline for receiving applications is
Mid night of 31st July 2015. If submission is by courier, please use the following address:
Dr. P a u l Ki b w i k a
Co l l e g e o f A g r i c u l t u r a l a n d E n v i r o n m e n t a l S c i e n c e s
Ma k e r e r e U n i v er s i t y, Ma k e r e r e H i l l R o a d ,
P. O . B ox 7 0 6 2 ,
Ka m p a l a , U g a n d a
6. Confirm that your application was received by sending a separate email to [email protected] requesting for acknowledgement of receipt of your application.
For More Information: