Application Deadline: February 28th 2021
The Programme was launched in 2019 by the IsDB and the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD), with the specific aim of reducing poverty in the following 21 Least Developed IsDB Member Countries (LDMCs):
- Burkina Faso
- The Gambia
- Sierra Leone
The programme provides educational opportunities to academically meritorious and financially impoverished young men and women from the above 21 LDMCs to pursue Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) at a public institute in thier counties or IsDB member countries to equip them with knowledge, basic skills and competencies needed by all for personal fulfilment and development, employability, social inclusion and active citizenship.
The prospective candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the programme. Candidates MUST ensure that they meet all the criteria of the programme listed hereunder, failing which the Application will not be considered:
- Must be a citizen of any of the 21 IsDB LDMCs listed above.
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or registered in one of the recognized TVET institutes in his/her own country.
- Must have minimum of 50% in his/her high school final GPA.
- Must choose a field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme.
- Must provide evidence of language proficiency in university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS or passed required level test conducted such as by British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages).
- Must provide certified English or French translation of all documents in case if they are initially in other languages.
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during study.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Fields of Study
The eligible candidates may apply to study in one of the following fields of study only:
|SN||Fields of Study/Specialisation|
|1||Accounting and Finance Technician|
|3||Agriculture Equipment Technician|
|4||Agriculture Technology diploma|
|5||Airport logistics and freight management|
|6||Architectural Design Software|
|8||Backing, Back Office employee: offshoring|
|9||Business Management technician expert|
|10||Certified network technician|
|11||Clothing / Industrialization Techniques|
|12||Communication customer relationship offshore|
|13||Composites Materials Processing|
|14||Computer Support Technician|
|15||Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Operator|
|16||Construction Materials Sales Technician|
|18||Database Administrator (DBA)|
|19||Decorations and props Skilled Technician|
|21||Design Office Skilled Technician: Steel Construction|
|22||Designer Developer JAVA J2EE|
|23||Diesel Equipment Mechanic|
|25||Early Childhood Educator|
|26||Emergency Medical Technician|
|27||Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic|
|28||Equine Business Manager|
|29||Executive Secretarial Skills|
|30||Fish and Wildlife Technician|
|32||Governance and Management of Manufacturing Skilled Technician|
|34||Operations and Logistics|
|35||Health and Quality Skilled Technician|
|37||Hospitality and Tourism|
|39||Sales support in banking|
|41||Industrial Electronics & Maintenance Technician|
|42||Industrial Environmental Engineering Technician|
|43||Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Technician|
|44||Industrial Safety Engineering Technician|
|45||Industry Construction Materials Maintenance|
|46||Industry Milling Skilled Technician|
|48||Insurance Back Office employee: offshoring|
|49||IT Project Manager|
|50||LAN WAN Network Technician|
|51||Large Retail Department Manager|
|52||Leather Chemicals Skilled Technician|
|53||Machine Maintenance and Tooling Plastics|
|54||Machine Tool Operation/ Technics|
|55||Machining in computer-controlled machine tool: FAO method tool design|
|56||Machining on numerically controlled Machine Tools|
|57||Maintenance Food Industry Skilled Technician|
|59||Manufacturing Food Industry Skilled Technician|
|64||Medical Lab Technician|
|65||Meteorology Skilled Technicians|
|66||Methods Leather Skilled Technician|
|67||Methods, Manufacturing and Quality Skilled Technician: option Automotive|
|69||Mining Engineering Technician|
|71||Net Software Developer|
|74||Oleo culture and oil technology Skilled Technician|
|75||Packaging and Conditioning Skilled Technician|
|81||Property Design Skilled Technician|
|82||Quality Control Skilled Technician: Textile|
|84||Quality, Health, Safety and Environment|
|86||Sales operator and Customer Relationship Offshore|
|87||Sales Technician expert|
|88||Skilled Technician in Diagnostics and Embedded Electronics|
|89||Skilled technician in engineering|
|90||Skilled Technician in Telecommunication|
|91||Skilled Technician Manufacturing Chart|
|92||Software Development Specialist|
|93||Special Effects editor in Audio Visual|
|94||Special Effects Skilled Technician|
|95||Specialized machining technician on MOCN, option: press tool machining|
|97||Structural Works Skilled Technician|
|98||Surface treatment Skilled Technicians|
|100||Surveyor/topographer Skilled Technician|
|101||Technical Sales: Vehicles and Automotive Parts|
|102||Technician in design department: automotive option|
|103||Technician in design department: tool design option|
|104||Technician in secretarial and office automation|
|105||Technician specialized in accommodation and hosting|
|106||Textile Maintenance and Manufacturing|
|108||Transport Operations Skilled Technician|
|111||Visual Audio Skilled Technician (Option: Image)|
|112||Visual Audio Skilled Technician (Option: Sound)|
|113||Visual Audio Skilled Technician (Optional Installation)|
|114||Web Design Specialist|
|116||Welding Robotic Operation|
|118||Works Supervisor Skilled Technician: Public Works|
Benefits and Facilities
The programme covers the following items:
- Monthly stipends commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study.
- Tuition fees as charged by the Institute and approved by the IsDB.
- Cost of medical treatment at university/public hospital.
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of study) and installation and equipment allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered institutes/centers/countries.
Candidates granted the scholarships are expected to:
- Sign the IsDB’s prescribed Scholarship Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and serve their communities and countries upon graduation.
- Commit to refund the loan after graduation and securing gainful employment, in easy installments, to Local Education Trust Fund (LETF) established by the IsDB in their countries.
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption and provide the IsDB with progress reports on their studies on a regular basis.
- Not to seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the Programme.
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of the IsDB.
- Register to the IsDB Alumni after graduation to network with other alumnus and keep updating the IsDB about their progress and achievements in their communities/countries.
For More Information: