Deadline: September 30 2013
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students must be citizens of Nigeria,
- Currently enrolled in a first degree programme at an accredited and approved university in Nigeria, and
- Must have gained admission during the 2012/2013 academic session.
The Scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States).
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government areas) and Delta States.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, at www.shellnigeria.com to provide required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) are to provide scanned copies of identification letters (duly stamped and signed) from;
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
Please note that:
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants, the application is entirely free of charge.
- SPDC does not assign ‘Representatives’ / ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before September 30, 2013.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.