Application Deadline: 31st March, 2018
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Progamme” DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub- Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships). It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana by offering up to 5 In-Region and 2 In-Country scholarships for PhD at ISSER for the intake 2018.
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be
- a) staff member of a public or private university,
- b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
- c) from the public sector or
- d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
What can be funded:
- The scholarships at ISSER are available in the following fields: Development Studies.
The duration of the PhD Programme four years
For More Information: