Application Deadline: November 2013
Applications for 2014/15 Chevening Scholarships are now open.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
The Chevening programme began in 1983 and has developed into a prestigious international scheme. Chevening Scholars come from over 116 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU), and this year the Scholarships will support approximately 700 individuals. There are over 41,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country at the time of applying for the award, and intend to return there at the end of the period of study.
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper second-class honours degree in the UK.
- Demonstrate that you have achieved the minimum Chevening English language requirement.
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience before applying.
- Be able to obtain the correct visa, and receive an unconditional offer from a UK university.
- Personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in home country.
- Motivation to develop career in order to establish a position of leadership within 10 years.
Able to successfully complete proposed course of study in the UK
- A clear post-Scholarship plan,outlining career objectives and how to achieve them.
- Commitment to networking to find global solutions.
- Commitment to networking within Chevening community, and alumni network in home country.
- Use studies and experience in UK to benefit themselves, their country and the UK
Apply for a Chevening Scholarship
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship you should check your country page for details of priority areas and any specific information that applies to applicants from your country, including the closing date for applications.
Before applying, it is imperative that you thoroughly read the Guidance for Applicants and the Terms and Conditions for Chevening Scholarship Awards as these contain important information on what details you will need to include in your application.
All applications for a 2014/15 Chevening Scholarship must be submitted online by completing the Chevening Scholarships online application form. Instructions on submitting your application can be found in the Guidance for Applicants.
For More Information: