Application Deadline: March 2018
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) is a Dutch scholarships programme from Nuffic, financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation.
NFP is currently going through some changes. On 1 July 2017 the NFP entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) (earlier was also communicated as KOP). The aim of the programme is to aid the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of individuals as well as institutions in the field of higher and vocational education. In the first OKP round there were 28 countries eligible for this programme.
The next OKP fellowship deadline will take place in March 2018.
The following IHS programmes will be available for the next deadline:
To be eligible you must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a professional and national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP country list.
- have an employer’s statement that complies with a prescribed format. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement. (You will not be eligible for the fellowship if you fail to submit this document)
- not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- must have an official and valid passport
- must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time
- must have an NFP government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established
A provisional list of eligible countries has been shared by Nuffic. Please know that this list is still under development and is subject to change. The following countries are eligible: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burma/Myanmar, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mali, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippine
1. You should first apply for the IHS academic course via IHS Online Application Form and receive your academic admission offer.
2. You will then be invited by IHS to apply for the OKP fellowship. An invitation email with detailed instructions will be sent to you.
|IHS Academic deadline||February 2018|
|KOP fellowship deadline||TBD|
s, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For More Information: