Application Deadline: Friday, January 8th 2016
From the academic year 2016 onwards, the Chilean International Cooperation Agency
(AGCI) offers, scholarships to perform Master Studies in accredited universities or other institutions of higher education in Chile.
- These scholarships are offered to professionals who are nationals of South Africa, Mozambique or Angola.
- Scholarships are awarded for a maximum duration of 24 months, depending on the length of the chosen program of study.
- This Scholarship includes an Introductory Spanish course , which will be starting on March 2016, in order the Master Programme can start in the same month. The Spanish course and the Master Programme shall be taken along simultaneously.
The student also can begin the Master Programme and the Spanish course on August 10
th, 2016 according to the academic schedules or programmes already established by the Chilean University or Institution that the students have been accepted.
The scholarship comprises the following benefits;
- An Introductory Spanish course that can last from 3 up to 6 months, before the master programme begins. ( Those candidates who can prove Spanish proficiency will be exempt to take this course).
- Round trip tickets. Departing from capital of the student ́s country to Santiago de Chile, and returning the country of origin once the studies are fully completed.
Payment of fees, registration and degree costs charged by the respective institution ofhigher education, for the duration of the postgraduate program, with a maximum of fouracademic semesters , or six academic quarters, depending on the schedule used by therespective institution.
Payment of a maintenance allowance of four hundred and sixty thousand Chilean pesos($ 460.000) throughout the period of the scholarship. This allowance will be paid throughout the duration of the program, with a maximum of twenty-four (24) months.
Provision of life, health and accident insurance to the scholarship holder, while the scholarship is in force for events or claims that affect and occur within the territory of Chile.
Awarding the scholarship recipient with a single allocation for textbooks and study materials up to ninety thousand Chilean pesos ($ 90,000) within their first semester of the study program.
- The documents to apply for the scholarships must be submitted to the EMBASSY OF CHILE IN SOUTH AFRICA.
- Those interested in scholarships of this call must directly arrange for the admission in the respective study program at the university or other institution of Chilean higher education of their choice, and must receive the unconditional acceptance of it in order to start their application.
- Programs must run under exclusive dedication regime and full time.
Every interested person should make inquiries regarding the orientation and curriculum of the Master of his Interest.
You can also access the AGCI’s website via:
Information related to the Scholarship Program:
- Applicants who are interested in having more information than the one contained in this call can refer to:
- The Focal Point of the country.
- The Embassy of Chile in the respective country
- The Embassy of the country in Chile.
- AGCI, via the means indicated above
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Chilean International Cooperation Agency Horizontal Cooperation Scholarship Program