Submission Deadline: December 15th 2015
Win a spot on WYA’s delegation to the commission on Population and Development at the UN in 2016.
Strengthening the demographic evidence base for the post-2015 development agenda.How should a proper understanding of human dignity influence how we measure the impact of the post-2015 development agenda.
The Youth Voices at the UN is a global training program run by the World Youth Alliance. The program provides an opportunity for our youth members to attend events at the United Nations in New York. Participants benefit from informational training at WYA that teaches them how to articulate the core concepts of human dignity protection at the UN. Participants learn how to interact with delegates, and most effectively represent themselves, their countries and the mission of WYA.
- Participants must be Track A Certified*
- One entry per person
- Word count: 800 – 1,000 words
- Participants must be 16-30 years old.
- Format: MS Word or PDF
- Email submissions to [email protected]
- Download the application form here: A4 | Letter
- Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2013
Participants of the Youth Voices program are selected through an essay writing competition that covers themes discussed in actual United Nations Commissions.
Writers of the winning essays will receive:
- An invitation to attend the UN Commission on Population and Development (CPD) together with the WYA team
- Training at the WYA Headquarters prior to attending the UN Commission
- Free lodging in New York City for the duration of the program
- A certificate of completion of the Youth Voices Program
- October 15, 2015: Essay competition starts
- November 30, 2015: Last day to submit essays
- December 15, 2015: Announcement of winners via personal email
- January 10, 2016: Last day for winners to confirm participation at the CPD in New York
- April 11 – 15, 2016: 57th Session of the Commission on Population and Development
For More Information: