Nomination Deadline: November 1, 2015
The Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship is a year-long media skills, communication and leadership program designed for standout development professionals from the developing world. Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience. The Fellowship is open by nomination only.
- While the fellowship is non-resident and not full-time, it does require a significant and sustained time commitment as fellows write opinion articles, participate in interviews with local and international media, and speak at international conferences.
- All expenses related to the fellowship are paid, including certain media-related travel costs.
- Ask someone to nominate you. This person could be a mentor, supervisor or professor. Aspen Institute would ask that this person know you and your work well.
- Aspen Institute will review your nomination. If you pass through the first round, we’ll be in touch with you directly, asking you to submit an application. This application involves two essays and a series of questions.
- Once the New Voices team has reviewed applications, we will ask a small group of finalists to participate in an interview via Skype or phone. From this group, Aspen will choose the final class of Fellows.
- The nomination period will close on November 1, 2015 and the incoming class will be announced in January 2016.
For More Information: