Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Graduate Development Programme 2022
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both.
Exposure to departments in the SARB
- Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2022. During the year, graduates
will be assigned to a department, and will be exposed to various roles and projects.
You meet the requirements if you:
• have completed a postgraduate degree;
• have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
• have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking;
• have a proven track record of academic excellence;
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• are a South African citizen; and
• are a curious and keen learner.
The programme courses
During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately
40 days. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as presentations skills, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
After the first year
At the end of the year, some graduates will be permanently appointed into a department of the SARB. Those most likely
to be appointed are graduates who:
• are interested in continuing their career at the SARB;
• have a desire to make a contribution to monetary policy, financial stability, currency management, supervising financial institutions, financial markets, or one of the SARB’s enabling functions;
• have demonstrated behaviours aligned to the SARB’s values of accountability, excellence, integrity, respect and trust, and open communication;
• are able to function independently and contribute actively and effectively in a team; and
• have performed exceptionally well in their assigned departments and academically.
Degree focus areas
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following areas:
• Policy analysis
• Public finance
• Financial management
• Information technology
• Portfolio or investment management
• Quantitative analysis
• Risk management
• Economics and international relations
How to apply
All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
• All available vacancies will be visible.
• Follow these links: [email protected] > Current vacancies (register and apply online).
• To log in (right-hand side of the screen):
• Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); OR
• Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Log in here.
• Date posted > Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 30 April 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Remuneration and benefits
Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the programme.
After you apply
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews and a security clearance as part of the selection
process. Suitable candidates will be selected based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you have any programme-related queries, please email them to the following email address: [email protected]
For More Information: