Application Deadline: October 20th 2015
The Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education (EP-NUFFIC) offers fellowships to participate in training courses in The Netherlands. The aim is to promote capacity building within organisations in eligible countries via training and education for professionals.
The following courses are from 1 September open for Nuffic scholarships.
Types of study programmes
Dutch providers offer the following types of NFP study programmes:
- short courses
2-52 weeks, in English and sometimes French
- master’s degree programmes
9-24 months, in English
- PhD studies
partly in the Netherlands, partly in the country of origin
- TMT (Tailor-Made Training) programmes
designed to meet specific needs of a requesting organisation in an NFP country
In order to qualify for a NFP Scholarship, you need to meet the following selection criteria. You must:
- be a national of, and working and living in one of the 51 countries on the NFP country list;
- not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development, for example:
multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
large national and/or a large commercial organisations,
bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official passport that will still be valid after completion of the training;
- must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- English Language skills: The short courses are taught in English. Therefore, it is important that your English language skills (writing and speaking) are good.
- Work experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience required, working with or for local or regional authorities. It is to your advantage if the work/experience is related to the content of the training.
Prepare a Government Statement
For some countries, applicants must provide a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established. Please check the Overview Government statements to determine if you need a Government statement.
If you do need a Government statement, you have to provide one using one of the following prescribed formats: NFP Scholarship.
Prepare your Employer Statement
All applicants must provide an Employer Statement according to the format that Nuffic prescribes. Your Employer Statement consists of 3 parts and together this must form 1 (one) PDF document which is no larger than 2MB.
The 3 parts are:
- Declaration by your employer (Permission to participate)
- Motivation by your employer and your own motivation
- Implementation plan (with clear goals and deadlines)
For More Information: