Application Deadline:9th January 2016.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2016/2017 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31 July 2016.
- The award is not eligible, to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
- One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Commonwealth Member Countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia.
Application Forms can be obtained from the Brinei Darussalam Foreign Missions and representatives of Brunei Darussalam or from the following address:
Technical Assistance Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Bandar Seri Begawan BD2710
- Download the Application Form
- Three (3) copies of the application form and three (3) copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to Technical Assistant Division or the Brunei Mission in your country of origin or the closest Brunei Darussalam Mission to the country of origin
- The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on 1 side.
- Candidate applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
Complete application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents must reach the Technical Assistant Division not later than 9th January 2016.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016/2017 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships to Foreign Students
Please kindly, I would like to know when will you offer the next 2017/18 masters Scholarship? This is because I want to make application on that forthcoming scholarship,thanks
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh. please I want to know when will you offer the next 2017/18 master scholarship? my self I want to make an application at the right time. thanks
Assalaam asylum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh, my name is HAMAD HAROUN KHAMIS from Pemba, please kindly I would like to know when the next scholership of masters will be offered, this is because I want to make an application. Thanks
Asalam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh I am kindly requesting to know where I can submit my application forms i am in Uganda. how I will receive feedback as well as the deadline for 2017/2018 session. Your reply will be appreciated
I wish to study there for islamic studies MA would you please help me
Comment:Salamualaikum my name is Habeeb liman isyaku,am nigerian also i want know that when 2017/2018 scholarship for underdegree programe wil be started? and deadline? may Allah reward u aboundantly.
please tell us the list of course and deadline of this scholarships. thank you
[…] The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2017/2018 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB]. […]
I am applying for scholarship to enable to study Phd in Law
Salam am a Young girl in universty of Djibouti i like to continous my education so help me
May Allah help us.