Application Deadline: Monday 19 August 2019.
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. We now offer scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
In 2020, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
How to apply
You can access the online application form through the link below.Click here to apply for the Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa. Deadline for applying is Monday 19 August 2019.
For More Information: