Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
The Independent Field Advertiser (IFA) Bursary is aimed toward providing financial aid to undergraduate students who wish to study in any field they choose. The IFA is a branch of Clientèle Life and is one of the largest networking companies in the country. The IFA Bursary is available to all children of active IFA members whether biological or under legal guardianship. The IFA is considered to be one of the most respected and trusted companies in South Africa’s financial sector.
- Only applicants eligible for first or second year tertiary studies in the relevant selection year may apply for a bursary.
- A bursary will not be awarded to an applicant already in possession of a bursary from another institution.
- Bursaries are only awarded for full-time undergraduate qualifications and do not cover postgraduate courses.
- Recipients are required to complete their studies in the minimum number of years prescribed by the relevant tertiary institution.
- No more than two subjects may be repeated the following year and all fees relating to repeat subjects will be for the recipient’s own
- Should the recipient fail more than two subjects in any year, the bursary will be withdrawn.
- Changing your degree after signing your bursary contract without written permission from the Bursary Committee may lead to the
cancellation of the bursary.
- Costs of up to R60,000 per annum form the base amount of what will be covered by the bursary. Recipients will receive funding for
fees, books, equipment and accommodation. Should these cost be more than R60,000 the bursary committee may approve an
additional amount provided it relates to fees, books, equipment or accommodation. No Cash amounts will be paid to a recipient.
Should these costs be less than R60,000, the recipient will not be entitled to the difference.
- Funds are paid directly to the relevant institution and/or service provider upon presentation of an invoice. Invoices must reach the
Bursary Office by no later than 31 March 2022.
- Any accommodation deposits paid to a lessee by the company on behalf of the bursary recipient will be deducted from the final
year’s study allowance if not recovered and refunded to the company by the bursary recipient at the end of each year.
- Recipients must study at institutions accredited by the SA Department of Education, within SA borders.
- Only one bursary per family will be awarded.
- The parent or legal guardian is required to remain an active IFA for the duration of the recipient’s studies.
- Examination results at both mid-year and year-end must be sent to the Bursary Office immediately upon release by the institution.
Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of the bursary.
- Should the recipient be absent from any examination during the year without prior written approval from the Bursary Committee,
the bursary will be withdrawn. Permission will only be granted under exceptional circumstances.
- The company reserves the right to withdraw the bursary should a recipient fail to adhere to any of the above rules.
- The closing date for 2022 applications is 30 April 2021.
- All applicants will be notified via SMS of the status of their application by 30 June 2021.
- Please apply on time for admission to the University of your choice. A useful link for application information on all South African
universities is www.educonnect.co.za. To stand the best chance of being accepted at the University of your choice, it is important
to start your research and applications by March/April of the year prior to going to university.
- Short listed applicants will be required to attend an interview conducted by a member of the Bursary Committee and if not already
at university, will also be required to complete an online career assessment, which will be arranged by the company.
- We will endeavour to publish the final list of successful applicants by 18 January 2022. Applicants will be updated via SMS.
- All successful applicants must send confirmation of their acceptance to university by no later than 31 January 2022.
- At this time, successful applicants will enter into a contract with the company. A copy of the signed contract must be returned to
the Bursary Office by no later than 31 January 2022.
- Recipients must also liaise with the Bursary Office to finalise the details of costs to be covered by the bursary fund.
- The Bursary Committee determines which applicants are successful through a comprehensive review process. Only a select few
will be shortlisted and meeting the minimum selection criteria does not imply that an application will automatically be successful.
The Committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For More Information: