Application Deadline:Monday 31st August
This as opportunity to join GSK Cape Town’s Analytical lab as a Lab Trainee, carrying out the testing of raw materials and finished products according to material specifications. This will include performing instrument verification, to ensure lab instrumentation performance is in line with lab policies and procedures. You will be largely involved in Wet Chemistry processes, working on both Pharma and Consumer Health related products. Dependent on your own personal development and drive, you will have the opportunity to work on HPLC and Gas Chromatography.
Training and personal development in this role will be driven by you. Your manager and team will be highly supportive, but we are looking for people whose actions demonstrate their determination, and who seek and create opportunities to expand their own knowledge and capability.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Testing raw materials, finished products, Stability testing as per documented specifications and analytical methods, including a broad range of product types (API’s, Excipients, Tablets, Capsules, Sachets and Powders) as well as some Site systems (Purified Water, Gasses, Steams etc.)
- Using wet chemical techniques and instrumental methods of analysis as applicable, completing both while following all applicable SOP’s and reporting
- Critically examining and testing samples, ensuring results are recorded as per GLP requirements. This includes reviewing results for accuracy and reporting anomalies/deviations as required
- Ensuring all procedures are meticulously followed including Risk Management, Quality Management Systems, Data Integrity and more
- Compliance with requirements of GLP and QMS, ensuring cleanliness and proper workflow separation is maintained to protect documentation from damage and samples from contamination
- Ensuring proper preparation, storage and ordering of reagents, chemicals and supplies
- Verifying the calibration status of equipment and performing maintenance of this equipment as required
- Assisting with validation and system monitoring of equipment, including completion of appropriate logs following inspections
- Participating in continuous improvement activities which seek to reduce cost, increase productivity and improve quality
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Has completed a minimum of the first 2 years in a formal qualification in Chemistry
- Hands on experience of Wet Chemistry Techniques
- Some experience in Instrumental Analytical Techniques, such as Gas Chromatography and HPLC
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Qualified with either a BSc in Chemistry or a National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Hands on experience in a Pharmaceutical laboratory
- Experience of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Experience of a Quality Management System (QMS)
For More Information: