East African Community (EAC) is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students from EAC Countries interested in Peace and Security Studies. This program will give the students a chance to learn more about the region and the opportunity to share experiences among themselves. The result of the exchange program is an exceptional exposure to the EAC integration process, best learning practices and a widened knowledge of different cultures.
The University Students training Exchange program on Peace and Security Resolution Training will be held at the EAC Nyerere Centre for Peace Research in Arusha, Tanzania from 18th to 30th November, 2013.
Two courses will be taught will be taught namely:
- Peace and Conflict Resolution and Kiswahili. The course structure will consist of class work, guest speakers and independent research. In addition, the program will include visits to various institutions in Arusha especially the international and regional organizations.
To join the program, Students must
(1) have completed at least two successful years at the university with first class or upper second grades;
(2) have good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation; and
(3) have a good level of English as the program will be delivered in English exclusively.
(4) In addition, each applicant is required to submit a brief essay on peace process and their contribution to peace and security his/her country (not more than 500 words).
This program would also be perfect for those who have recently graduated in any of the relevant disciplines with an interest in human rights and development. Scholarship awards will only cover program related expenses:- tuition fees, food, Transport and accommodation for the duration of stay in Arusha.
Interested East Africans should immediately submit their applications, including the brief essay mentioned above, curriculum vitae, all University transcripts, a personalized letter of recommendation and an application letter to the EAC Nyerere Centre for Peace Research.