Application Deadline: 20th November 2022.
Siemens Stiftung on behalf of the Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) Consortium is launching its first “SESA Call for Entrepreneurs”, targeting small and medium-sized enterprises with a focus on sustainable energy solutions in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa. Women-led enterprises are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Your enterprise must be registered and operationally active in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco or South Africa;
- Your enterprise must have officially been in operation for at least two years;
- Your enterprise must have generated revenues and provide financial statements for the last two years (if 2021 is not available yet, please provide financial statements for 2019 and 2020);
- Your enterprise must contribute to at least two of the SESA Key Performance Indicators (please see the application form for further detail);
- There are no pending litigations against your enterprise or members of its management team;
- Your application should meet the thematic focus of your country’s challenge.
- This “Call for Entrepreneurs” focuses primarily on the Productive Use of Energy (PUE) solutions.
- Each of the four participating countries: Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa has developed an individual country challenge with a stronger local focus, concentrated in specific areas to address their regional dynamics.
- Entrepreneurs selected through this call will receive a range of benefits including funding from €50,000 up to €70,000 per business over 18 months.
- Additionally, they get an opportunity to join the SESA Incubator Programme to strengthen their organisation based on their individual needs.
- The “Call for Entrepreneurs” launches on 26th September and will run until 20th November 2022.
- The SESA Incubator Programme will start in February 2023.
Applications must include all mandatory documents and must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected] before the deadline of 20th of November 2022.
List of mandatory documents:
- Application Form
- Certificate of incorporation/association and registration certificate
- Financial statements for the last two years (if financial statements for 2021 are not available yet, please provide financial statements for 2020 and 2019)
- If you operate as a non-profit, hybrid organization (both non-profit and for-profit entities) or are governed by a charity/ NGO, we kindly request you to also submit: List of trustees and board members, Governance structure and if applicable, confirmation of tax-exempt status.
For More Information: