Application Deadline: October 6th 2016
The She Entrepreneurs programme is leadership training within the context of working for an equal and sustainable society using entrepreneurial principles. It is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning.
Participants will learn in group from both experts within the field and from each other. She Entrepreneurs consists of seminars, workshops and interactive learning methods mixed with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises. Facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance. There are also study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs.
She Entrepreneurs is an initiative from the Swedish Institute (SI), a public agency that promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. Swedish values and experiences include creating a sustainable and equal society globally. Sweden is a reputed innovation leader and gender equality role model.
To apply to She Entrepreneurs you have to:
- have the drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above
- be between 20 and 36 years old
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
- During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
- The hands-on and practical study programme consists of seminars, workshops and interactive learning methods combined with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises. Facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance. There are also study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs.
- There is no fee for the programme.
- Travel, hotel and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute
A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons*
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to sheentrepreneurs(a)si.se.
For More Information: