Application Deadline: September 9th 2016
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Embassy of France in Ghana invites suitably qualified CSOs to apply to its capacity development programme for CSOs in Ghana. This programme is designed to strengthen the organisational effectiveness, advocacy, results-based management and reporting skills of civil society organisations. In addition, the programme will strengthen accountability and participatory development processes of the selected CSOs for more effective policy engagement and influence with government and the private sector.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
The objectives of the programme are to;
- Reinforce the organisational capacity of benefi-ciaries through more robust governance struc-tures, leadership and management abilities for enhanced performance and sustainability;
- Strengthen results-based communication and ability of participating organisations to use moni-toring and evaluation data for effective manage-ment, performance reporting and accountability; and
- Strengthen the ability of target beneficiaries to develop evidence-based advocacy and influenc-ing strategies and developing effective network-ing and communication techniques
Civil society organisations (CSOs) in Ghana working on environmental related issues, such as:
- Environmental rights advocate groups;
- Climate justice advocates, and renewa-ble energy advocates,
- Environmental policy groups, among others.
- While preference will be given to the CSO falling in the above stated category, CSOs engaged in other spheres of interventions aside from climate change are also en-couraged to apply.
CSOs that are interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered as a non-profit organisation based in Ghana;
- Must be operating in Ghana on environmentrelated issues;
- Must be willing to complete the three-year capacity development process;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years operational experience;
- Must commit to develop an action plan after each training and be willing to operationalise the action plan;
- Must commit to designate representatives for each training who will fully participate in the course. The representative of each organisation for each module must be able to transfer knowledge and apply the skills learnt back in the organisation.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME:
- The programme is intended to be implemented within a 3-year period, running from August 2016 through to October 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit the following documents on or before Friday, 09 September 2016
to [email protected]
- Copy of the organisation’s registration certificate.
- Copy of the organisation’s governance structure.
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf format.
- A letter of motivation from the Head of the organisation stating why the organisation
should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to its current work
and prepare it for the next level. The letter should indicate how the programme will
strengthen their organisational capacity. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
For More Information: