Application Deadline: June 12 2015
The program provides opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full-time postgraduate study in Korea and fields of study are targeted to address agreed development needs of partner countries, such as International Development, Women and Development, Public Policy, Fishery Science, Agriculture and Rural Development, etc., in line with Korea’s bilateral aid program.
In order for KOICA to run the program effectively and efficiently, KOICA is collaborating with excellent and specialized universities in Korea, and is making great efforts to provide opportunities to study in Korea. With the skills and knowledge in the development field, KOICA will give opportunities to people from developing countries to contribute to the development of their countries by implementing this program.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must:
- – Be a government official, an employee in the public sector, or a researcher in a state institute working in his/her home country with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- – Be nominated by his or her government.
- – Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted entirely in English and to write academic reports and a thesis in English.
- – Have a positive attitude and a strong will to get adjusted to a multicultural environment and to understand the hosting country’s culture.
- – Have good moral characteristics to endure student life on campus.
- – Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the program.
- * Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participating in this program.
- * Having tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.
- – Have not previously received a scholarship or participated in a scholarship program, including a KOICA Scholarship Program, from the Korean government.
Sudan,Madagascar,Morocco,Algeria,Angola,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Cameroon,Tunisia,Cote d’Ivoire,DR Congo,Ghana,Kenya,Nigeria,Senegal,Ethiopia,Tanzania,Egypt,Rwanda,Uganda,Libya,Gabon,Mozambique
- KOICA provides a wide range of benefits to the grantees (attendees) covering living expenses while in Korea for the minimum period required to complete the program. The benefits include:
- – Air travel fare: Economy class, round-trip airfare via the most direct route to and from Korea
- – Full tuition fees
- – Accommodation (mainly the dormitory of a training institute)
- – Living allowance
- – Textbooks and materials
- – Study visits, field trips, etc. during the program
- – A medical checkup after entry into the program
- – Overseas traveler’s health insurance: Expenses for medical treatments and hospital care due to diseases or accidents within the scope and limit of insurance coverage
What can I study?
- KOICA provides full-time graduate studies at participating Korean universities to support the capacity development of the participants’ countries. KOICA focuses its aid programs on priority sectors in which Korea has significant experience and top notch expertise, such as Public Policy, Economic Development, International Development, Fishery Science, Agricultural Development, etc.
- The fields of studies are determined by KOICA annually, and KOICA is running 20 different scholarship programs for 379 participants in 2015. KOICA will expand the volume of scholarship programs continuously to satisfy the development needs of the participants’ countries.
- There are usually two selection rounds annually. There are two rounds for each selection: the document review and the telephone interview (an « essay test » may be included in some cases). After being nominated by his/her government, the applicant should submit the application package to the KOICA office or the Embassy of Korea in his/her country.
- KOICA Headquarters receives applications only through diplomatic channels, which means that one cannot send application documents directly to KOICA Headquarters or universities.
For further information, please consult with the KOICA office or the Embassy of Korea in your country.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the KOICA Scholarship Program
Have You MBA Program?
I want to apply for the korea scholarship and I dont know how to apply online.please help me
What is the requirement for Public policy masters degree programme?