Application Deadline: June 28th 2019
The Takeda Award targets young entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial individuals who challenge technological or social needs in the real world. The Takeda Foundation believes that the challenging activities of young individuals trying to address real technological and social needs will lead to the creation of goods and services that enhance the well-being of people throughout the world, which is the mission of the Foundation.
The Awardee will be selected from among the candidates who apply for
the Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award. Candidates should submit an
application paper describing the background of the targeted issue, and
his or her ideas for a solution to address that issue in 1000 words or
less with figures (within 3 pages). They are also requested to submit a
supporting report (in 300 words or less) written by an individual who
receives benefit from the solution.
The Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award will be given to the individuals who are pursuing the most creative and promising projects with a high potential for enhancing the well being of people at the site. The Takeda Foundation will select the Best Entrepreneur and 5 Entrepreneurs. The recipient of the Best Entrepreneur Award will receive a diploma, plaque and monetary prize of 1,000,000 Japanese yen. Each recipient of the Entrepreneur Award will receive a diploma, plaque and a monetary prize of 200,000 Japanese yen.
The Takeda Foundation awaits the nominations or self-applications of young individuals who challenge technological or social needs to enhance the well being of people throughout the world.
Contents of Application Form : should include the items listed below.
1) Applicant Information should be included in the application form.
2) The application form contains Project Description which should include the following items (within 1000 English words in total). Figures or tables can be attached if they are within 3 pages.
(a) Background (Technological or/and social needs, and social impact)
(b) Solutions (Technical solutions and business model, competitiveness with other solutions, advantages (benefits/cost), etc.)
(c) Attempt (How seriously are you involved in your project? What are the milestones for this project? Do you expect any public funds? Have you organized any groups to develop your project?)
3) Supporting report: Please ask beneficiaries (at least one) to describe within 300 words the kinds and degree of benefit he or she expects to receive when your project is achieved. Please keep in mind that supporting reports are not a recommendation letter from your mentor. They are reports from individuals who will receive benefits from your project. If you produce goods or service, then consumers will be your beneficiaries.
1. The selection involves document examination and an on-line individual presentation by the selected candidates. The online individual presentation will be held in October.
2. The selection results will be announced in early November his year.
3. The awarding ceremony and workshop will be held in February, 2020.
Application Period : April 1 to June 28, 2019
1. Applicant : Anyone who is under 40 years old as of April 1, this year, regardless of gender,
affiliation, and nationality.
For More Information: