Application Deadline: July 15th 2016
The Awards Programme Run by UK-Based NGO Teach A Man To Fish Will Recognise Organisations that Further Entrepreneurship in Education Amongst Young People
UK based charity Teach A Man To Fish and their partners The Saville Foundation have launched the Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2016. The competition opens on the 16th of May and closes on the 15th of July 2016 and is a way to reward organizations that contribute to Africa’s growth and development through an entrepreneurial approach to education and training. There is a top prize of $15,000, two runners up prizes of $5,000 as well as a Partner Award that those selected for the final shortlist could win.
According to the United Nations Department of Social and Economic Affairs whilst populations across the world are stabilizing in size both Africa and Asia are in the midst of substantial changes in size of their youth populations. By 2030 it is predicted that the number of youth in Africa will have increased by 42%. According to the same report many of these countries experiencing rapid growth amongst their youth are at risk of ever increasing youth unemployment. It is against this backdrop and with empowering young people to be agents of progress and entrepreneurship in mind that the Pan African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education exists.
The aims of the Awards also include changing the attitudes of young people so that they begin to leave the education system as the job creators of the future rather than job seekers.
Do you have what it takes?
- Is your education or training project based in Africa?
- Does your organisation actively demonstrate the success of their entrepreneurial approach to education? See above for our meaning of ‘entrepreneurship in education’.
- Is your education project innovative and inspiring?
- Does your organisation have a large network of young people?
- Can you show that your project has had a positive impact on young people and your community?
Benefits for winners
- First prize of $15,000, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $5,000.
- A sponsored trip to our international conference.
- Enhanced visibility and publicity.
- Enhanced sponsorship and donation opportunities.
- A chance to win our ‘partner prize’ to work with Teach A Man To Fish and the School Enterprise Challenge.
- Make your passion for education and entrepreneurship shine through.
- Tell us what makes your project special, different and innovative.
- Focus on impact. We want to see that what you are doing really works.
- Bring your application to life with examples – we want to hear about the great changes you are making in your community!
For More Information: