Application Deadline: January 30, 2015
The Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund (SIEF), a partnership program promoting evidence-based policy making in human development, is very pleased to announce two new calls for impact evaluation research proposals.
- Impact evaluation research teams from around the world are eligible. No prior affiliation with the World Bank or SIEF’s funding organizations is needed.
- However, to submit an application, the impact evaluation team must partner with a World Bank staff member who will, if the application is successful, manage the SIEF grant and provide fiduciary responsibility.
- The World Bank staff member can also act as an investigator on the project and support policy outreach.
- The application must be submitted electronically by the partnering World Bank staff member (TTL).
Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund is looking for proposals in
(1) early childhood development, with a focus on promoting the cognitive and socio-emotional development of children ages 3-6, and
(2) effectively engaging non-state actors in basic education.
The application process is a two-step process.
Detailed information on the calls is available below. Selected proposals will have the opportunity to receive seed funding up to US$25,000 to develop a full technical proposal for the impact evaluation. Selection in this round is not a guarantee of funding beyond the seed funding. All technical proposals will also undergo a careful peer review.
These calls are being funded through the British Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the London-based Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), which focuses on promoting early childhood development and evidence-based solutions.
For More Information: