Application Deadline: July 14 2013
The INK Fellows Program is a young, exceptional, cross-disciplinary community of changemakers from across the globe, and the emerging economies in particular. Every year, we identify a fresh crop of budding luminaries in any field, who have proven their potential to be the architects of tomorrow. Through the program, we provide them the support necesary to leverage their impact.
Goals of the INK Conference:
1. To create a cross-disciplinary community of like-minded peers, be they entrepreneurs or artists, scientists or social advocates, musicians or technologists. We understand that the experience of being a changemaker can be isolating, as it can lack the financial security, clarity of direction, and social support network that come with traditional jobs. Being an INK Fellow provides the development, mentorship and peer-support necessary to take brilliant ideas to the next level.
2. To provide public exposure, so that our changemakers gain access to potential customers, funding opportunities, accolades and other forms of support critical to their development and success. We aim to give our fellows not only a platform from which to express their ideas, but also the tools of communication to ensure they’re heard.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 40
- INK prefers Fellows to be based in young economies, but great candidates from any location will be considered seriously and competitively
- Candidates must be present for the entire duration of the INK2013 conference, and arrive in Kochi one day earlier. Fellows will be in Kochi from October 23rd-27th
- Candidates should be changemakers specializing in any field, for example (but not limited to) art, dance, architecture, business, fashion, journalism, medicine, music, technology, science, sports and social activism. Please see our list of previous fellows to get an idea of the diversity of INK Fellows
- A candidate’s actions MUST speak louder than their words. Humility is important, and self-promoters will not be accepted
- Candidates can be previous INK events or TEDx speakers
- Candidates cannot be previous TED Fellows, TED conference speakers, or INK conference speakers
INK Fellows receive:
- All expenses covered to attend the annual INK conference (including the conferencefee, airfare and hotel accommodation)
- The opportunity to network with prominent speakers and attendees
- The opportunity to be selected for a speaking slot at the INK conference
- In-depth coaching in compelling public communication, and how to give an INKtalk
- Fellows located in India: local speaking engagement at least one INK event during the Fellowship year
- The opportunity to have their INKtalk selected to be posted online at INKtalks.com
- The support and camaraderie of the Fellows peer community
- INK social media exposure throughout the Fellowship year
- Customized assistance dependent upon the needs of each fellow
INK Fellows already have:
- A powerful vision for the world
- Taken tangible steps to fulfill this vision
- Demonstrated serious accomplishment at a young age
- A compelling and inspiring story
- A need of active support from the INK community
- The capability to actively support and enrich the INK community
- The ability to articulate and communicate succinctly
April 15th: Application period Opens
July 14th: Application period closes at 11:59 PM IST
August 21st: INK2013 Fellows announced
October 23rd-27th: INK2013
You may answer Option A (written questionnaire) or Option B (YouTube video)
- Please indicate your field of endeavour (e.g. scientific research, photography, dance). You may include as many fields as are applicable.
- What is your passion, and what initiatives have you taken to support it?
- What have you achieved with your initiatives?
- Why is what you do unique?
- Why do you want to be an INK Fellow?
- What is your favourite INKtalk and why?
- Optional: You may upload one image, song (under 3 minutes), movie (under 3 minutes), or writing excerpt to support your application here. (No third party newspaper or blog articles, please. All content should be original.)