Application Deadline: January 3rd 2014
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI), a dynamic, youth-based fellowship programme launched in late 2011 by the US Consulate General, Lagos, is now accepting applications for its 2013 programme year.
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative is a yearlong programme in which outstanding young Nigerians are selected as fellows and grouped into teams to design and implement a project with a social impact. The US Consulate General, Lagos, provides selected fellows with financial support for their projects, networking opportunities, and a transportation stipend. In addition, fellows meet other like-minded youth and build a closer relationship with the Consulate.
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern you
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
- Selection Criteria:Selection Criteria: Passion, Skill, Experience, Strategic Thinking, Vision
- Electronic Application Due Date: January 3, 2014
- Interviews: January 23 – January 31, 2014
For More Information: