Application Deadline: November 2, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The ACI Foundation announces that applications are now being accepted from students for its Middle East & North Africa Fellowship for the 2021-2022 academic year. The newly expanded and renamed fellowship is now open to graduate students currently attending an institution in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordon, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, in addition to previously eligible students studying in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The winning student will receive $10,000 USD in educational support, full funding to attend three upcoming ACI Conventions, and more.
The ACI Foundation also offers scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students pursuing a concrete-related degree or program. All international students meeting these requirements are eligible to apply for scholarships. Among other requirements, students must obtain two endorsements with one of the endorsements being from an ACI member. Each ACI Foundation scholarship includes:
- An educational stipend of $5000 USD; and
- Recognition in Concrete International and on the ACI Foundation’s website and social media.
The purpose of the ACI Foundation’s student fellowship and scholarship program is to identify, attract, and develop outstanding professionals for future careers in the concrete industry. For the 2020-2021 academic year, the ACI Foundation distributed more than $200,000 to twenty deserving students through the support of ACI, ACI chapters, generous donors, and industry partners. The ACI Foundation believes attracting students to the concrete industry provides both excellent career opportunities for students and helps to secure a bright future for the concrete industry. These fellowships and scholarships showcase the ACI Foundation’s goals of investing in people and the future of the industry.
Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
A single online application form will be used for all the fellowships and scholarships. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award year begins in Fall 2021, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) Following the application season, can you attend an interview at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 28, 2021? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation.
- (For certain fellowships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2021?
All applicants must submit the following five items.
- Applicant’s contact and educational information.
- A resume.
- A 500-word essay.
- Official transcripts: Read more about transcript submittal below.
- Two endorsements, which are statements of evaluation of the applicant, in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity and career interest.
For More Information: