Application Deadline: 7 March 2021
The AFD-GDN Biodiversity and Development Award program is a global competitive research program, jointly launched by the Global Development Network (GDN) and the French Development Agency (AFD).
The three-year awards program creates a high-quality and high-visibility opportunity for researchers based in select developing countries to produce and disseminate quality research, especially multidisciplinary research, that is independent, of high quality, and policy relevant on the link between biodiversity and development. It consists of four competitively selected individual research grants of up to 24 months, one of which is earmarked for Francophone Africa, plus two additional grants for winners that successfully develop a multi-disciplinary project together.
- expand global knowledge on the link between biodiversity and development through new, high quality research conducted by researchers in select developing countries
- support mainstreaming of the topic in local development policy debates and decisions, and evidence-based mainstreaming initiatives, through increased visibility of the topics researched and by putting an international stamp on quality research-practice collaboration at the local level
- convene high quality academic thinking from a range of relevant disciplines on the link between biodiversity and development, through the active involvement of globally prominent scholars, including French institutions
- mainstream high-quality research-practice collaborations between local researchers and the policy community, including civil society, creating incentives and formats that enable productive and sustained interaction between local demand and local supply of knowledge on the topic
- raise the profile and capacity of promising Southern researchers committed to advance policy debates on the topic
How to apply
All information related to the application process can be found on the Call for Expressions of Interest. Applications should be made on the applications platform linked below.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Expressions of interest must be submitted before 7 March 2021, midnight Indian Standard Time (IST). It is not possible to consider applications outside of this application deadline.
For More Information: