Application Deadline: October 2, 2022
The Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media and Communications (GSMC) with support from the German Development Bank (KfW) is seeking to promote quality climate change reporting in East Africa through an impact-driven fellowship. This fellowship titled Excellence in Journalism will see 30 successful applicants undergo an 8-week program which will support them with funding to do and publish quality stories. The program will also provide training to build their capacity, and mentorship from journalism and environmental experts to guide them on the journey.
- GSMC is inviting journalists to submit proposals for cohort two of the program.
- Applications will involve identification of a unique, emerging, or prevalent climate change issue which may be under reported along with a detailed execution plan. Successful candidates will be expected to conduct research and interviews, develop multimedia stories and have their stories published in a media outlet within the EAC region.
- Stories should demonstrate clear understanding of the climate change issue being reported, have depth, be original and authentic, meet journalistic standards and provide pointers to possible solutions.
- Successful applicants may receive up to $700 in financial support to complete their story.
● Personal contact information
● Story idea and proposal: Provide a brief of the story you intend to report about and explain how you intend to execute it (maximum 200 words)
● Indicate the media outlet where you intend to have it published
● Commitment from the editor that the story will be published
● Two references
● An updated copy of your CV/Resume
For More Information: