Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
Citizens and organisations from the 56 Commonwealth countries can now submit entries for the Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards to win prestigious titles and cash prizes.
Launched by the Commonwealth Secretary-General in 2019, the awards recognise ground-breaking innovations from Commonwealth countries that contribute to one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
An independent jury will judge the entries and select 15 winners – three from each Commonwealth region – across five categories. Each category is structured around the five pillars of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, and Partnership.
- Identify, highlight and support the innovations that show demonstrable potential for enhancing sustainability in Commonwealth countries in line with the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Help create an environment that will encourage and sustain investments in innovations led by governments, businesses, women, young people and social enterprises across the Commonwealth;
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment and creativity that exists across the Commonwealth by highlighting the innovative potential of the award winners;
- Inspire, encourage and challenge others to develop innovations that will be of value and service at the community, national, regional or international levels in achieving the SDGs.
- The awards focus on celebrating innovations that improve the lives of people, protect the planet, support prosperity, promote peace and strengthen partnerships for sustainable development.
- Each winner will receive a trophy, a certificate of recognition and a cash prize of £3,000 at an award ceremony, to be held during the inaugural Commonwealth Edition of Kenya Innovation Week 2023 in Nairobi on 27 November.
- There will be three award winners in each of the five categories, adding up to a total of 15 winners.
For More Information: