Application Deadline: September 15th, 2023
The Migration Youth and Children Platform (MYCP), in partnership with IOM – UN Migration, are thus organising a 4th Migration Youth Forum as an official youth preparatory space to the 14th GFMD Summit.
The Migration Youth Forum is a platform that prepares young people before their participation in the GFMD Summit. Our main bid is to deliver on a strong, inspirational and substantive youth presence at the 14th GFMD Summit.
The Youth Forum will be held on the 21st of January 2024, two days prior to the beginning of the GFMD Summit inGeneva, Switzerland and online. Obligatory online capacity building workshops will be organised throughout January. The Migration Youth Forum is the official preparatory space for youth to consolidate and exchange priorities, recommendations, youth-led solutions and best practices. The Youth Forum will be a peer-to-peer space to learn about the importance of the GFMD and how to contribute to it effectively, as well as provide a solid network of support during the days of the Summit.
The Youth Forum
Young people, including young migrants and refugees, representatives of civil society organisations led by or working for youth, researchers, entrepreneurs, young decision makers from national and local governments, professionals, volunteers, activists, leaders – all under the age of 31 and strongly committed to working with and for migrants in their communities.
The Migration Youth and Children Platform (MYCP) is looking for exceptional youth leaders to attend the 4th Migration Youth Forum and the XIV GFMD Summit. Preference will be given to applicants of migrant, diaspora or refugee status and/or with a proven interest and track-record in engaging with migration and refugees issues.
- Age Range: Be between 18 and 30 years old (inclusive) at the time of participation at the Youth Forum and the GFMD Summit.
- Language: In order to meaningfully participate in all discussions and capacity building workshops, in-person participants should have at least an intermediate level of English (CEFR B2 level). Online participants should be conversant in either English, Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
- Commitment: Be able to fully commit to actively participate during the Youth Forum and/or GFMD Summit, as well as in any preparatory and post-event activities.
- Application Process: Duly fill out the online application form and submit it before the deadline (September 15, 23:59 CET)
- (For in-person attendees only) Ability to Travel: Be in a position to travel to the host country (Geneva, Switzerland). This includes having a valid passport, necessary travel documents, and possibly obtaining a visa if required. (Please note: MYCP will be supporting selected applicants in obtaining visas such as through providing them with official invitation letters, accommodation assistance, etc. but MYCP is not able to guarantee the issuance of visas to any applicant)
MYCP will provide scholarships for a limited number of in-person participants considering their socio-economic background. The scholarships will cover their trip to Geneva and stay for the duration of Migration Youth Forum and the GFMD Summit.
Youth Leadership and Innovation Award for Migration
In conjunction with the Migration Youth Forum, this year we are launching a space for young people to present their existing solutions to issues around migration and development: The 2nd Youth Leadership and Innovation Award for Migration.
The Award will showcase existing initiatives aiming to empower and improve the living conditions of young people on the move. Finalists will receive support in their ongoing journey, with a mentorship support, seed funding for their initiative, and the chance to participate in the Youth Forum and be part of the GFMD process. Young entrepreneurs, leaders and youth-led start-ups and organisations are invited to apply.
Note: there is only one application form, in which you will be asked to indicate whether your primary interest is the Youth Forum or the Innovation Award. If you apply for the Award, your application will also be automatically considered for the Youth Forum.
For any questions or clarifications, please contact Riza Franchesca Regala, GFMD Youth Forum Coordinator, at [email protected] and Alicja Lelwic-Ojeda, MYCP Co-Director, at [email protected] with the subject line INQUIRY: Migration Youth Forum.
Youth engagement in the XIV GFMD Summit were made possible through the support of the GFMD Chair, Government of France.
For More Information: