Application Deadline: 18.00 GMT – April 30, 2015
The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) was established by Qatar Foundation in 2009 under the leadership of its Chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bin Nasser. WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate, and purposeful action.
WISE is a global reference in new approaches to education. Through the annual Summit and a range of ongoing programs, WISE is promoting innovation and building the future of education through collaboration.
The annual WISE Summit will take place 3-5 November 2015, in Doha, Qatar.
The WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people to the challenge of rethinking education, and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The Program is based on the idea that when learners are co-creators of their learning environments, they become active participants invested as stakeholders in the progress of their communities. The Program focuses on building knowledge of education, social entrepreneurship, leadership, and communication skills.
Since 2013, Learners have followed a tailor-made yearlong Executive Education Program.
The Learners participate in the annual WISE Summit and in two intensive residential sessions delivered by expert faculty. These are supplemented by practical workshops and various online and on-site activities. In a key component of the Program, the learners form teams to conceive, design, and implement grassroots projects that address critical education challenges. Selected projects, developed throughout the year, are presented at the WISE developed throughout the year, are presented at the WISE.
Qatar Foundation will cover all Program-related expenses, including flights and accommodation, for the selected Learners
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on November 1, 2015. All students must be considered legal adults in their home country.
- Participants must be able to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full, mandatory WISE Learners’ Voice event beginning on November 1, 2015 and ending on November 5, 2015.
- Participants must be able to take part in two mandatory residential sessions (10 days each) from January 3–15, 2016 in Doha, Qatar, and June 1–14, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.
- Participants must be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for a successful WISE Summit.
- Participants must be able to continue their involvement with the Learners’ Voice Program following the WISE Summit, and participate in all Program events and activities during the remainder of 2015 and throughout 2016.
- All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months following the WISE Summit dates of November 3-5, 2015.
- All participants should be able to demonstrate their academic and/or professional achievements and experiences to date.
- All participants must be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities broadly associated with their studies and/ or professional interests
- Participants should be able to demonstrate interest and/or involvement in education and other wider global development issues
- Participants should be friendly, flexible and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
- Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public. Participants should have strong active listening skills.
All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
- Learners can either apply in person or be nominated.
- Apply personally to take part in the Program WISE is inviting highly motivated learners to apply for the Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form that needs to be endorsed by two referees.
> Nominate a learner to take part in the Program WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate engaged learners with outstanding or original academic/learning experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program. WISE is seeking to form a group of individuals from diverse educational paths and cultural backgrounds.
Completed forms should be submitted through the online portal by April 30, 2015, 18.00 GMT
For More Information:
write to: contact the WISE Team at