Application Deadline: December 15th 2020
Future Bora aims to catalyze interventions that expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth between the age of 18 and 29 years. By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to reduce the obstacles that these youth face while seeking employment and income generation opportunities.
Future Bora is an initiative of the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP). By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
The Future Bora Initiative is implemented by the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs (MIIYA) and funded by the World Bank. Intellecap Advisory Services is the management firm for this initiative.
The challenge is seeking organizations that match the following criteria:
- The organization must be registered in Kenya.
- The intervention/solution submitted by the organization must be unique and innovative in solving unemployment issues faced by the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
- All types of organizations (for-profit, not-for-profit), except state-owned enterprises and public institutions, are eligible to apply for the challenge.
- At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the proposed intervention should be between the age of 18 and 29 years.
- The organization should have been operational for at least three years as of 1st September 2020 (applicants will be required to submit audited financial statements for the last three years).
- Consortia are eligible to apply if the lead applicant fulfills all criteria and other partners fulfill at least 4 (out of 5) of the other criteria.
Benefits to winning organizations
Three organizations with the best interventions will be selected. Each winning organization will receive:
Grant funding of KSH 40 million for each of the three winning organizations disbursed in tranches
Advisory and mentoring support for scale and growth
Opportunity to show your intervention and gain visibility
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Future Bora Initiative
[…] http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.comTweetezPartagezEnregistrerPartagez0 Partages […]