Deadline: December 31st 2013
The Global Fund for Women invests in women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. The Global fund for Women strengthen women-led groups based outside the United States by providing grants ranging from $5,000 to $30,000 per year for operating and project expenses. First-time grant awards generally range from $5,000 to $13,000 per year.
- Building Peace & Ending Gender-Based Violence
- Advancing Health and Sexual & Reproductive Rights
- Expanding Civic & Political Participation
- Ensuring Economic & Environmental Justice
- Increasing Access to Education
- Fostering Social Change Philanthropy
- It is based in a country outside the United States.
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
- It is a group of women working together.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
Types of General Support Grants:
- Innovation Grants – Women’s movements are stronger when they are diverse and dynamic. Innovation grants fund new/emerging approaches, issues, and voices. With these grants the Global Fund aims to raise visibility and leverage resources for women’s movements and to connect emerging groups to a wider network of women’s organizations.
- Strengthening Grants – Strengthening grants fund infrastructure, enhance grantee’s programmatic impact, and strengthen capacity and connections. These medium-sized grants aim to support the professionalism of women’s groups.
- Impact Grants – Women’s movements are most successful when women’s organizations are well networked, led and supported and have the funds to seize opportunities when they arise. Therefore Impact Grants are larger, fund strong national, regional, and global women’s rights organizations to build collective power, take coordinated actions, grow feminist leadership, and sustain lasting systemic change for gender equality.
For More Information: