Application Deadline: August 3rd 2020
The Google Podcasts creator program is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting around the world.
Last year, Google welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the program will serve creators from around the globe who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
Free to participants, the 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
Podcasters from around the world who:
- Have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019
- Are willing to pause production during the program
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth
BIPOC podcasters and creators from traditionally marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Participants will receive:
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement strategies
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions
Please note that you will only need to fill out the application one time to be considered for all three cohorts. If you applied to last year’s program, you will need to fill out the application again.
The application will allow you to specify which cohorts you are not able to attend if needed.
September 21, 2020 through December 4, 2020
January 25, 2021 through April 16, 2021
May 3, 2021 through July 23, 2021
For More Information: