Application Deadline: 15th January 2023.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), in keeping with its strategic intent as encapsulated in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS 2020-2030) pillar 8 “Indigenous Content Development and Adoption” is committed to promoting innovation for the sustainability and continuous development of the Nigerian Communications Industry.
Pursuant to this, the Commission invites Startups, Tech Hubs, Investors and the ICT ecosystem to participate in the third edition of the Annual Innovation Competition with the theme “Utilizing Indigenous Digital Solution to Bridge the Digital Divide.”
The ICT Innovation Competition will be a medium for showcasing talents and innovations in ICT ecosystem. This is aimed at motivating and encouraging Nigerian youths to engage in innovative developments for the telecoms industry and improve the nation’s ability to compete in the global economy.
In addition, the Competition is designed to promote indigenous solutions to bridge the digital divide. The objective is to assemble Tech Hubs and Techpreneurs with solutions in respect of the theme to showcase their innovations and solutions.
Prospective Technology Hubs and Startups entering the competition are required to submit proposals that meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The project should be relevant to the ICT/Telecommunication industry.
- Interested parties should be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC).
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc.).
- Novelty of the project.
- The pitch idea should demonstrate clear commercial sustainability and profitability framework.
- Team diversity and indigenous capacity to develop and support the solution.
All applications should be ONLINE.
There is no cost to enter the competition and you will retain full control and ownership of your technologies.
Each team will register and submit the following documentations:
- 4-Page Executive Summary of the project concept
- A 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
- Names, contact details, passport photographs and profiles of all team members.
Interested and qualified Startups should submit the above documents in a zip folder to: https://ncc.gov.ng/ictinnovation2023 The subject of the mail should read “Submission from <business name>” and the zipped file named after the business.
|9th-15th Jan 2023
|Applications open online
|23rd Jan 2023
|Shortlisted Tech Hubs bs and Startups announced
|6th Feb 2023
|Shortlisted Tech Hubs and Startups arrive DBI, Oshodi, Lagos Campus for a 2-day pitch
|7th-8th Feb 2023
|A 2-day pitch/ exhibition and grading of contestants by Panel of Judges at Digital Bridge Institute in Lagos
|9th Feb 2023
|Award of prizes/ Closing ceremony
For More Information: