Main Prize and Dot award Friday 27th November 2015 by 12 noon GMT;
Student Prize Friday 11th December 2015 12 noon GMT.
The New Media Writing Prize showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media. This international prize is now in its 6th year. The Competition is organised by Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation (“BU”) through The Media School.
The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. In the past four years, the NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field.
- Anyone can apply! Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
There are four categories/prizes for 2015 –
Main Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK.
Student Prize: 3 months paid internship at Unicorn Training, Bournemouth, UK, working with Unicorn’s writing and design team.
The Dot Award: £500 to get a new project started. Donated by if:book UK.
People’s Choice Prize: a cheque for £500. Donated by SeaSalt Learning. The winner chosen by the voting public.
The judges will be looking for the following:
- Innovative use of new (digital) media/transmedia to create an engaging, satisfying narrative, or poem, or as-yet-unspecified form. Fiction or non-fiction.
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
- Effective use of interactive elements.
- A great example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t.
- The potential to reach out to a wide audience (i.e. not just specialist interest groups).
How to Apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the valid URL address of the entrant’s work for entries accessible on the Internet; or
send an email to email@example.com including the explanation of how the panel can access the entrant’s work for entries which can only be viewed on a mobile phone or another electronic device;
For the Dot Award, send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: