Submission Deadline: September 10th 2020
The Policy Competition was conceived as a platform for the grooming and harvesting of ideas on solving some of Nigeria’s developmental challenges from its youth population. Although the challenges are well known, there has been no serious effort to introduce young Nigerians to public policy in a manner that draws on the creativity and intelligence of this demography. It is however clear to the discerning that Nigeria would have no better future if her youth remain unskilled in the art and science of pubic policy.
It is, therefore, on this basis that the Policy Competition was established. The promoters of the initiative believe firmly that the state of affairs our dear country presents a challenge to the creativity, intelligence and resourcefulness of the Nigerian. The Policy Competition aims to galvanize the Nigerian Youth to accept this challenge through active participation in the public policy process. It is expected that a deeper and better appreciation of the manifold issues at stake will lead to higher levels of preparedness by aspiring leaders and improve the quality of leadership in our society. We recognize the audacity of this ambition and we remain committed to its realization.
The maiden edition of the Competition is exclusive to undergraduate students. With this, we aim to cast the instruction being received within a framework of nation building and development.
- This competition is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in a tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- No application fee is required.
- Submission of entries will be via www.policy.ng
- All applications should not contain more than 2000 words, excluding citations.
- The submission deadline of all applications is September 10, 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email provided.
- You are required to show proof that you are a student by either providing your statement of result or your student identity card.
- Participants are expected to register on the portal. Submissions must be made by a team of at least two students.
Value of competition:
- Four hundred thousand Naira(N400,000).
- There will also be a book compilation of the best ten entries, which will be circulated widely and presented to senior members of the Nigerian government.
For More Information: