Application Deadline: 30 September 2023.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is looking for aspiring economists entering their first year of undergraduate studies in the 2024 academic year, to join the external bursaries programme.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of all South Africans through maintaining price stability and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, the design and distribution of banknotes and coin, the management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring the stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
The purpose of the bursary
The SARB, as part of addressing the severe shortage of skills in South Africa, provides scholarships and bursaries to students in relevant fields of study who are from disadvantaged backgrounds. In support of the corporate social initiatives of the SARB and its External Bursary Scheme, a number of external scholarships and bursaries are made available annually to qualifying prospective undergraduates. The SARB’s Economic Research Department, in collaboration with the SARB Academy, hereby invites prospective undergraduate degree students to apply for competitive SARB bursaries in the fields of Economics, Economics and Econometrics, Economics and Mathematical Statistics, and Economic Science.
For students to be considered for the bursary, they have to meet the following requirements:
• provisional acceptance into an undergraduate degree in the field of Economics;
• having achieved an average pass mark of 70% in your current year of study, with a good command of English and Mathematics (70% and above);
• being younger than 30 years; and • being in financial need (unable to afford to attend university without a bursary).
How to apply
- The closing date for the submission of applications is Saturday, 30 September 2023.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Examination results, proof of acceptance at a recognised institution (a student number) and any other supporting documents must be submitted with the application.
- Use PROMO CODE: SARB ERD24. Submit by post to: Mr John Legoete South African Reserve Bank P O Box 30632 Braamfontein 2017 or
- Fax: 086 609 7183 or Email: [email protected]
For More Information: