The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme aims to build capacity in areas where Tullow’s host countries (Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Congo Brazzaville, Ethiopia, Mauritania, )experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, around their oil and gas industries. The Scheme is aligned with Tullow’s aim of supporting long-term socio-economic development in countries where it operates.
Scholarships are available to those who are committed to making a contribution to their own country’s development. The Scheme gives candidates a chance to receive a high standard of education from internationally recognised institutions, which can then be applied in the scholar’s home country.
The Scheme is managed by the British Council, which has a great deal of experience in running similar programmes. Further details on eligibility and the application process can be found on the Tullow Group Scholarship website.
The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme Invites Africans to apply for the 2013/2014 Masters Program scholarship in the following fields:
- Engineering and Technology (all countries listed)
- Environment and Geosciences (all countries listed)
- Oil and Gas Economics (all countries listed)
- Business Journalism (Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon)
- Logistics and Supply Chain (all countries listed except Mauritanie)
- Law and legal courses (Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon)
- Archaeology (Ethopia, Congo Brazzaville)
- Other applied sciences apart from medicine (Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon)
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Be a citizen and legally resident in participating country;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor degree or Licence (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better);
- Be resident in participating country at the time of application;
- Have work experience with a track record of success in their field of endeavour
- Have not previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to return to their country and to make a contribution to its future development; and
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
* Please note that applicants with second class upper and first class bachelor degrees and may be weighted higher for admission purposes.
Apply Now for the Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme