Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
The World Around has launched an open call for applications to its inaugural Young Climate Prize. The prize has been designed to invest in the generation born into the climate crisis, and provide visibility, support and mentorship for 25 of the world’s most talented and passionate climate designers under the age of 25. The World Around is looking for young people who are working on their own self-started projects that address, draw attention to or mitigate climate change in their community.
The chosen applicants will join a bespoke academy and each be mentored by one of the extraordinary Design Champions – the world’s leading climate-change-focused designers, museum directors, curators, writers and business leaders.
- Anyone aged 13-25 can submit their work.
- The World Around encourage young people from anywhere in the world to share their projects.
- If English is not your first language you will be able to indicate this during the application process.
- The 25 best applicants will be invited totake part in a mentorship program and a bespoke design academy,and ultimately present at the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
- STEP 1: PRIZE LAUNCHES
The World Around Young Climate Prize and its international Design Champions are announced
- STEP 2: NOMINATIONS + APPLICATIONS OPEN
Open call for nominations and applications to find 25 young climate designers, thinkers, makers and activists under the age of 25
- STEP 3: APPLICATIONS CLOSE
Final call for applications is October 31, 2022.
- STEP 4: 25 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
The inaugural cohort of 25 winners into the The World Around Young Climate Prize will be selected by our jury and announced in December 2022.
- STEP 5: YOUNG CLIMATE PRIZE ACADEMY BEGINS
The World Around Young Climate Prize academy of lectures, presentations and mentorship runs between January – March 2023.
- STEP 5: THE WORLD AROUND SUMMIT 2023
The World Around’s annual summit will take place at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on Earth Day 2023. A select group of the finalists will join us in New York to present their work.
For More Information: