Application Deadline: 10 January 2023
The annual World Press Photo Contest recognizes and celebrates the best photojournalism and documentary photography produced over the last year. Enter your work for free and you could win €1,000 as a regional winner and an additional €5,000 as a global winner, have your work showcased to a global audience, and more.
Entering the World Press Photo Contest is free and open to all professional photographers working in the field of photojournalism and/or documentary photography.
Every regional winner of the contest receives:
- A monetary prize of €1,000
- Inclusion in the annual World Press Photo year-long worldwide exhibition
- Inclusion in the annual collectible yearbook, available in multiple languages with a worldwide distribution of more than 30,000 copies
- Publication in the online collection and a personal profile on World Press Photo’s website
- Promotion on World Press Photo’s platforms
- Invitation to a winners’ event
- A physical award
A global jury selects the four global winners: the World Press Photo of the Year, the World Press Photo Story of the Year, the World Press Photo Long-Term Project Award, and the World Press Photo Open Format Award. The global winners will be chosen from the regional winners in their respective categories.
In addition to their regional prizes, global winners will also receive:
- An additional monetary prize of €5,000
- An additional physical award
- Entries open: 1 December 2022, 13.00 CET (Netherlands time)
- Entries close: 10 January 2023, 13.00 CET (Netherlands time)
- Global winners announcement: April 2023
- Flagship Exhibition 2023 opens in Amsterdam: April 2023
How to Enter
To get started, make sure you have read the entry rules, information about the categories, code of ethics, guidance on how to write captions, technical requirements, and verification process (including manipulation rules).
The 2023 World Press Photo Contest is open for entries until 10 January 2023, 13.00 CET. To enter the contest, follow these steps:
- Create your personal Picter account here.
- Register for the 2023 World Press Photo Contest on Picter.
- While your registration is under review, you can already upload your work, add captions, metadata, and other information.
- Submit your entries before the deadline of 10 January 2023, 13.00 CET.
For More Information: