Application Deadline: March 15 2015
When: 10 August to 28 August 2015
Are you an aspiring journalist? Apply to the thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme!
Would you like to come to Finland this August and spend three weeks learning more about the country, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life?
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has organized thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme since 1990. The programme is a media training programme targeted for young international journalists.
The program, sponsored by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, provides an opportunity for students to learn about the work of a correspondent in a foreign country, and learn more about Finnish society.
Participants will meet with professionals and politicians, spend a weekend with a Finnish family and take cultural trips
- An aspiring journalist with some work experience in a media house (TV, print or web) or in social media, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of the following countries: Brazil, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Republic of Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States;
- Born between 1986 and 1995;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures and spending three weeks in a foreign country;
- Excited to become a lifelong friend of Finland!
The Foreign Correspondents’ Programme starts on 10 August and ends on 28 August 2015. The programme is intensive, and includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions. It also includes a weekend stay as the guest of a Finnish family.
The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life. It also offers the means to enhance your professional skills, as well as expand your network of professional colleagues and international friends.
- The scholarship covers the costs of travel to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals.
- The programme does not cover medical insurance, per diem allowance or meals not listed as part of the programme.
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2015 at 11.59 pm local time.
All applications are sent by e-mail to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate General. Please visit their website for more information:
For More Information: