Application Deadline: Ongoing
Many people are searching for what they want to do in life, however, kanthari is for those who have already decided that they want to start an organization/NGO that makes a difference.
kanthari welcomes applicants over 22 years of age (we don’t have an upper age limit) who have overcome significant life challenges ranging from vision impairment, disability, poverty, war, discrimination, and exploitation. They could also be witnesses to social situations they wish to change so others do not suffer. They should have a passion to make the world a better place and the strength to be forces of good rather than be victims of circumstance.
Applicants must speak and understand basic English and have basic computer skills.
kanthari’s twelve month program (7 months residential in Kerala, India and 5 months online mentorship support) will help participants develop all necessary skills to succeed as social change-makers so they can start and run own NGO’s, Social enterprises or social ventures. To understand what the kanthari course is all about, read all about the curriculum here and also learn about the meaning of the different kanthari colours here.
Selected participants will qualify for a scholarship provided by our donors to cover the training fee and accommodation.
Graduates of the program will have access to a network of change makers from over 45 countries worldwide.
Am I 100% committed to making my goals and social project a reality, also beyond the 12 months program?
Am i willing…
- to come to the institute with a spirit of integrity, mutual respect, exchange, contribution and teamwork?
- to help others achieve their goals and develop their skills in the areas which I consider myself an expert?
- to participate in all activities giving 100% every time in terms of my knowledge, experience, energy, effort, creativity and talent?
- to commit 12 months to the kanthari course of which 7 months of that period in India and 5 Months at the place where the impact needs to be made
- am I 100% committed to work intensively on developing my social entrepreneurship and leadership skills?
- If you are blind and/or partially sighted; am i flexible, mobile, independent in my actions and thoughts?
ONLY IF THE ANSWER IS 100% YES TO ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOVE, YOU ARE A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE AND WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY.
For More Information: