Submission Deadline: March 31st 2015
The toughest of Nigeria’s health problems require exceptional solutions. The marketplace seeks to spur and honour the most promising technology, market and process innovations addressing specific healthcare challenges within Nigeria.
Are you a Techi (computer programmer, software, mobile application developer etc), clinician, allied health professional (pharmacists, technicians etc), management expert, healthcare financing expert, academia, user interface designer, subject matter analyst you or do you simply have a passion for healthcare innovations? If yes, GREAT!!! This is definitely for you…..
The Health Innovation Challenge is a multi-stage competition that will recognise, reward and celebrate innovations that show potential to improve health in Nigeria. Prizes will go both to the implementation of innovations as well as to reward innovators’ for their grand efforts.
- Track 1: Innovate to Save One Million Lives
- Track 2: Innovate Critical Enablers to Save a Million Lives
Track 3: Addressing Topical Public Health Challenges to Save a Million LivesRequirementsSubmissions should respond to one or more of the following
Innovation is described by NHIM as one or more of these
- Provision of access to quality healthcare for Nigerians
- Simplifying the healthcare delivery process either through better time management, cost savings, addressing absence of human resources, commodities or infrastructure, improving process of care
- Reaching bottom of the pyramid groups, internally displaced persons, volatile or post-conflict areas and other vulnerabilities
- Commercial viability and self-sustenance after an initial pilot phase
- Technology, commodities, services or processes developed are not currently available or used in the Nigerian healthcare market
- Technology, commodities, services or processes are new to the global healthcare market
- Innovations reach groups that do not currently have access or have limited access to healthcare services
- Innovations address one of the challenges mentioned in the problem statements
- Be willing to pilot and scale-up the innovation in Nigeria.
- Not currently be enrolled in NHIM accelerator program and should have not already received investment or visibility for this specific innovation through the
- NHIM innovation hub Be legally incorporated/registered business or in the process of doing so [at least 3 months prior to launch of this challenge]
- Have all relevant regulatory and ethical permissions and clearances or be in the process of obtaining these [at least 3 months prior to launch of this challenge] to pilot the innovation
- Recipients may be individuals, groups of individuals, corporate for profit and non-profit entities, academic institutions.
- Your submission must demonstrate an innovative approach that responds to a specific problem statement and is in compliance with guidelines for the challenge.
- Your submission should be in some form of development – not just an idea.
- You may be invited to make additional submissions or have a physical interview for later stages of this innovation on your submission.
1st Prize Category: Awards up to $100k
2nd Prize Category: Awards up $50k
3rd Prize Category: Partnership awards of up to $30k (in partnership with CHMI)
For More Information: